Monday, September 20, 2010

InDesign PBDS501

My experiences this far using InDesign have been both good and bad. I tried to use the software prior to Allison's brief tutorial and the experience was a complete mess. Once the basics were explained the software seemed a bit more comprehensible. I did try using InDeisgn for the first assignment in PDBS502. What I thought was a great design turned out to be an absolute mess, but I guess any time spent using the software is helping me to grow a bit more accustomed. It seems as though opportunities are endless once you know how to use the software.

My worries are that my limited knowledge of the program will prevent me from being able to complete the vision of my designs. I usually sketch the design prior to creating in InDesign. I find it very difficult to transfer my sketches onto the page. I do think InDesign is a very cool tool to use. I would like to use this program for a lot of my communications design work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment