Monday, September 13, 2010

Figure + Ground

A few months ago I asked my brother to help design a logo for my organization. The Baltimore Education Network (BEN) is a non-profit organization specializing in parental involvement within 28 schools in the Baltimore City Public School System. Based on that brief background information and a few additional items my brother composed the following 2 logos.





I particularly like the first logo because it looks a bit more professional given the type of work. In the first logo you can see the ground as a two tone blue-green combination. The figure (the image in the front) are the letters B-E-N. He plays around with the figure using the additional white space from the letters to write out the organization name. Of course I think anything my brother produces is phenomenal but I would clean up the logo by removing the words "Baltimore Education Network" from the sides and bottom. I would possibly remove the words all together or align the words along the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment