Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nice Layouts!


















I chose this layout on "Love,Sex & what I weighed" because the layout is familiar to what we discussed in class. I usually pick up a magazine and read the article based on my interest in the subject. Assisgnment 3 has forced me to look more into the layout and design of the spread. I'm huge on graphics or pull quotes which tend to break up the monotony of reading the article from beginning to end. Graphics are a great way to distract the reader from simple text on a page. The first two pages of the spread are limited in text. What drew my eye to the article were the bright contrasting colors and the various weights of the text. The second page of the spread is a full page graphic. On the 3-4 page of the layout the designer is working on a 8 column grid with the last two columns on the 4th page combined for a testimonial/quote section. Throughout the spread the designer used pull quotes and animated graphics to break up the text. The pull quotes and graphics appear on the 2nd, 4th, and 6th columns. This spread seemes simple enough to duplicate, yet was very visually pleasing without bombarding the reader with too many graphics or text. Its actually a great balance. I picked this spread because it was well executed and a great precursor to whats expected in our third assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment